YIKES has WordPress Developer jobs available.
Experienced Back-end WordPress Developer
We’re looking for people to help develop websites for our amazing clients.
- PHP (object-oriented PHP is a plus)
- WordPress Theme and Plugin Development
- Gutenberg Block Development
- Git (knowledge of feature branching architecture is a plus)
- REST and SOAP APIs, both writing and consuming them
- CSS (Sass, CSS Grid, and Bootstrap are a plus)
- Experience with coding to WordPress coding standards
- Experience with a variety of JS libraries/frameworks
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience with data migration
- Experience with bash scripting
- Experience with command line (e.g. UNIX commands, Windows PowerShell)
- Experience with package managers and task runners (e.g. NPM, Gulp/Grunt)
- Experience with unit testing (PHPUnit experience is a plus)
- Experience using PHPCS (WordPress VIP code standards a plus)
- Ability to work and solve problems independently and as a team
If you are not familiar with everything listed, we still want to hear from you. We are happy to train people on the skills they need.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Work samples
- Link to Github profile
YIKES, Inc. is a talented group of people who love producing outstanding work as part of a collaborative team. If you are passionate about delivering excellent products to clients in a supportive, diverse and inclusive environment, this is the place for you.
We love WordPress and use it to build great websites, and custom web applications. We are a part of the WordPress community and donate time contributing back to the project. We expect excellent work, but provide employees flexibility and liberal time off from work to enjoy family, friends, and life outside of work.
YIKES, Inc. is one of the few WordPress VIP Agency Partners in the world. This means we work on exciting projects hosted on this enterprise platform and write code to the best WordPress coding standards.
Since the pandemic, most of the team has been working remotely. However, if you like going to an office occasionally or every workday, the YIKES office is a storefront located in the heart of the East Girard Avenue commercial corridor in the vibrant Fishtown neighborhood of Philadelphia. We are next to Murph’s Bar, across the street from Johnny Brenda’s, and around the corner from La Colombe, Barcade, and Frankford Hall, with new, exciting businesses popping up all the time. Our office is easy to access by multiple SEPTA Routes.
Our Work Philosophy
At YIKES you are expected to do your best work, collaborate and contribute. We also want you to enjoy your life outside of work and have opportunities to give back to the community. To do this we offer a wide range of benefits.
- 100% Paid Health, dental and vision coverage, and HSA
- Simple IRA with company contribution
- Windfall bonuses
- Public transportation passes for SEPTA or PATCO
Life / Work Balance
- Results-Only Work Environment (ROWE)
- 4 weeks paid vacation (to start)
- 13 paid holidays (including Halloween)
- 2 personal days
- 2 paid volunteer days
- Your birthday off
- “If you’re sick, stay home” sick time policy
- Remote or Hybrid
- Company-paid tickets and travel to all regional WordCamps
- Company provided resources to help employees learn and continually improve their skills